Yes, I'm working on an Ubuntu release ASAP.
Yes, you can donate to support this work.
- I don't use it, thus it is hard for me to test it. When I
have it reliably working, I'll release instructions.
I frequently get asked to (fill in the blank) by someone
who (can't/won't) compile CalculiX Extras on their own
because (fill in the reason).
No, I won't make a youtube video. :)
- First, thanks for your interest. I'm
very glad you think this is useful software.
- I don't (yet) support those who are unable to compile CalculiX
(Guido's release) on their own...
- I can be convinced... for a price. Seriously, if you
want professional support I will give you a cost estimate.
- If you can't compile, please first contact your distro for a
- The CCX maintainer could easily apply the instructions if
the dependencies are available.
- If the deps aren't available, I can't build them for your
distro. It takes me hours to do it for mine.
- (I don't have access to your machine, I probably don't use
your distro. )
- No, it is not super easy to script or automate the
- It would be impossible to cover every user's individual
setup because of the varied dependencies.
- The perturbations are endless.
- The solution is for CalculiX to adopt automake or similar
- Working on that is beyond my interest, expertise, and level
of control of the CCX code base.
Recall, this is research level software, incomplete wrt CCX
capabilities, likely buggy, and certainly not fit for human
- Copy and paste instructions are provided!!!
- The reason: if you are inexperienced to the point that you
think a short video would help... then a short video surely
- I suggest you start with something smaller, like CCX itself.
- (Seriously, even CCX from scratch can be
difficult... which is why I can't help you unless you can do
- There is an awesome and helpful CCX mailing list for that.
- I'm a member and may be able to help you in that forum.
Thanks again for your interest and good luck. I do look forward
to hearing from you!